I was speaking to Robin and Samantha this morning before we left Kerrera, they have held the lease on the marina for the past two years. They have put a great deal of effort and time into building up a business and making improvements to the facilities. Sadly, they have decided that for them, it is time to call it a day, I wish them all the best.

We were in no great rush to leave this morning as we had to wait for the tide to pass through the tidal race between the SW end of Lismore and Lady’s Rock which runs at over three knots. Once through, the tide slackens but we were still expecting a good push all the way up The Sound of Jura. Over the years, we have have sailed up and down The Sound of Mull in some shite weather, but today, it was absolutely brilliant. We had a great sail out of Oban Bay to Lismore and past Lady’s Rock where the wind died a bit and we resorted to motor sailing. As we headed further up the Sound of Jura we relied more on the engine until our course headed a bit further north and we managed to sail the last four or five miles to Tobermory.

It was great to see so many boats out today, sailing boats, motor boats, fishing boats, work boats and ferries. We are off to Salen Jetty tomorrow and a nice easy 13 mile sail up Loch Sunart.

No responses yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *